Saturday, August 20, 2011

Want to go to CSULB?




Want to go to CSULB? This is the question I asked myself when researching degrees for Higher Education and Student Affairs. It was also the question my friend Corey spontaneously asked me after we went kayaking in Long Beach last weekend. Since CSULB is one of my top choices for graduate school in California, of course I had planned on visiting…when I was a little more prepared.


I had not yet scheduled an official tour or a meeting with a faculty member from the graduate program. Instead, I traipsed onto campus with my friends in our still damp bathing suites and board shorts.


We started out driving through the campus in my friend’s car and I could picture myself going to class on this breezy campus. After passing by the residence halls, we noticed that they had an Alamitos Hall almost identical to the one at Cal Poly Pomona. We decided to check it out! Soon we were scoping out other places on campus to pop on by, including the College of Education. Before I knew it, we were out of the car taking pictures!


This experience reminded me of another day at the beach with my family when I was a kid. I asked if I could just get my feet wet but slowly inched closer to the water until I “accidentally” fell in. I guess I have always loved to be close to the water. Wouldn’t it be amazing if my love for both the water and Student Affairs lead me to attend graduate school by the beach? Go Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment